Friday, January 25, 2008

Thank You

I have always been a little behind the times. I started attending church at age 11, taking myself on my bicycle, and I was baptized years after my peers had taken the plunge (no pun intended). I don't follow fashion, I let fashion catch me. At 45 years of age, I have finally learned how to do my hair. I learned about computers long after they had hit the scene, and I only did so, kicking and screaming, because my job required it.

So it is with this blogging business. While friends were on MySpace and entering chat rooms, I was just falling in love with email. Okay, okay, so I'm a little slow. BB casually mentioned that he blogs one day, so I went to see what wisdom he was sharing with the rest of the world. And then I visited every one of the blogs he has listed in his "links." And then I visited the blogs his friends had listed. I was fascinated, and discovered a few that really blew me away.

After going to the optometrist to correct my newly ruined vision, I rolled up my sleeves and dove right into blogging. I was scared! What was the best approach? Who would read it? What would they think of me? Would I somehow inadvertently make myself the target of a terrorist plot?

I've made lots of typographical errors, learned how not to upload photos and videos, and rambled incessantly at times. I've posted some really dumb stuff. I've ranted and vented. I've posted some funny stuff. And I may have even touched someone once or twice. And I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Here's the thing - blogging has been so therapeutic for me, such an effective way of processing my "stuff," that how many hits I get is no longer the most important thing. But... I really am glad that you read. And I really love to see your comments. And it tickles me to bits when new readers come along. So please keep reading, and thank you.

No comments: