Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentines

Mikel forgot to purchase tickets this year for the local Daddy/Daughter Valentine dance, so he took each of the girls out on a dinner date. They were so excited about their date with daddy, getting all dressed up and picking a favorite restaurant. Since he was taking one on Thursday and one on Friday, mom ended up with a coffee date this morning, but that was just fine with me. It was fun to hear them recall the events of their evenings.

I scored some great gifts and ate too many sweets. I'd call the day a success.

One of the guys in my office received a singing Valentine - a ladies barbershop quartet singing "Love Potion No. 9." They were really good, and he was duly embarrassed. As it should be.
Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

I always enjoy seeing all the florist delivery vans jockeying for parking outside of office buildings on Valentines Day. Makes me smile to think about all of that love being spread around.

It also makes me smile to see all of those last-minute males crowding into the tents that some of the grocery stores set up in their parking lots. I think they set them up too early, though. Anyone hitting one of those tents is likely to do so after work on Valentines Day, not four days beforehand. They should just wait until 4:00 pm on the actual day and staff them heavily.

Hope you had a terrific V-Day!

No comments: