Wednesday, February 20, 2008

All Girl

This is how I know that I am all girl...

I have lost about 15 lbs since the beginning of the year. People noticed this morning. I love it when people notice.

Today I am wearing a skirt that I haven't been able to zip in two years. I was so excited when I discovered that I could wear it that I actually whoo-hoo'd in my closet. The acoustics are not that great in my closet.

Equally exciting was buttoning the silk blouse and seeing no gaps when I looked down. It's like having a whole new wardrobe without having to go shopping.

My hair is cooperating. This is a good thing.

I still wear high heels as often as I can get away with it. They make my legs look longer. Hey, when you're all of 5'2" you take all the help you can get.

People I like are not around today, and I am feeling lonely.

The loneliness caused me to consume the rest of the Junior Mints that were sitting on my desk. That means a couple of extra miles in the saddle this weekend.

I forgot to bring a lunch today, and I am contemplating skipping the meal altogether. I do not like to dine alone.

I have worn long-sleeved shirts since the bloodletting Saturday, so that no one can see the bandage on my wrist.

I am thankful that the vehicle I drive, although not the one I would have chosen for myself, looks nice and is in good working condition. Car trouble troubles me.

I am also thankful that Mikel takes care of our banking. It is not that I am unable to do it. It is that I despise doing it. It gives me great anxiety. By way of compromise, I spend very little money. (It is true. Ask anyone who knows me. I am a cheap skate.)

Sometimes I like to be the center of attention. Okay, okay.... lots of the time.

I chipped a nail and now it is shorter than the other nine. I will trim the rest so that they are all the same length. And then I will buff and polish them all to remind them who is boss.

Tomorrow maybe I will post about something deeper. Prove that I do, indeed, have a brain in my head. Perhaps I will contemplate our existance in the universe. But today I am all girl.

Now.... where did I put my lipstick....?

No comments: