Sunday, February 10, 2008

Funday

This morning my church hosted a youth choir from Russia. They are a cultural exchange group that also raises money for underprivileged children all over the world. They sang and they danced and they played instruments, all in a traditional Russian way. And... they were.... terrific! The little eight-year-old girl that sang a solo could outsing my entire chancel choir.

***
Beautiful day for a ride! The Little One chose to hang with a friend this afternoon, so it was just the three of us on the trails today. And, much as I hate to say it, we were able to go further and ride in more challenging places without her. My cycling computer needs a new battery, so I'm not exactly sure how far we rode. Gotta remedy that.

***
Bought a cool CD at Halfprice Books - Duke Ellington Songbook. The Little One bought yet another dragon book. She is the only 9-year-old girl I know who is enamored with dragons. The Not-So-Little One passed on a book and is busy putting together a spy scope kit she picked up. She fancies herself some sort of sleuth.

***
Gotta go get some more laundry going.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh shoot, I wish i had known. That new man of mine speaks fluent Russian and is teaching me. He also plays the balaika. He is my Russian bear can't you tell?