Friday, July 27, 2007

What's Goin' On

It is nearly 2:00 in the morning. I can't sleep. My appetite has been unusually light. I have been having difficulty concentrating. I am under some stress at work - deadlines, tiresome tasks that make my brain hurt, some new interpersonal stuff - but I am deliriously happy.

I am picking up the Not-So-Little One at camp in several hours. Back to the same old stuff - morning grumpies, arguments with her sister, complaints that there is nothing in her closet to wear - but I am deliriously happy.

I have to book plane tickets for a conference in Cincinnati. Online shopping - comparing prices, making decisions, spending large amounts of money (thank God it's not mine) - but I am deliriously happy.

I am graduating in a few weeks. A new chapter is beginning in my life - licensing exam, cool new letters to type after my name on my business card, major career decisions to be made - but I am deliriously happy.

Have you ever ridden one of those rides at an amusement park that s-l-o-w-l-y takes you to the edge of a man made abyss, hangs you over the precipice for what seems like an eternity, and then abruptly drops you, allowing you to fall helplessly to an unseen destination? Scares the hell out of you, doesn't it?! The next time I do that, I am going to release the death grip I usually have on the safety bar. I think I will come off that ride deliriously happy.

No comments: