Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blues Overload

This evening I've been listening to the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 on MSN Music. It features performances by some of the greatest guitar players in the world, and proceeds from the festival support Eric Clapton's Crossroads Centre in Antigua. I don't know a darn thing about the Crossroads Centre, but I wouldn't miss the opportunity to listen to Clapton. And right now I'm staying up way past my bedtime 'cuz Robert Cray is playing. Great - Robert Cray just invited Jimmy Vaughn to the stage. So much for bed... I'm gonna hate myself in the morning...

I was reminiscing about a Robert Cray concert I went to once with a couple of folks I didn't like much. Didn't care for the company, but the payoff was worth it. (Have you ever done that?) Anyway, the irritating chic from NYC complained after the concert that the blues made her feel sad. Whatever... Maybe it was God punishing her for talking trash about Southerners.

I'm gonna close my eyes now and feel the music for a while. Good night.

No comments: