Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stuff Happens

Some stuff has transpired since the last posting.

I was wiped out Saturday. Tried to sleep in, but no one was having anything to do with that idea. So I was up at 8:30. Ached all over and thought I was coming down with the flu, but I had no other symptoms and eventually I felt normal again.

Mikel bought a truck. A Ford F250 Superduty diesel short bed crew cab. Whew, that's a mouthful. The size of the name fits the size of the vehicle. I probably will never drive it. He is happy - he finally has a man's vehicle, he got a good deal, and he liked the sales guy. I'd say it was a successful car shopping experience all around.

It has running boards, and that is good because I wear skirts a lot. The vehicle I drive does not have running boards. I try to always remember to wear understuff.

***

I spent nearly all day at church on Sunday helping with the contemporary service and with Craig's funeral service. At lunch Sunday afternoon I noticed that the Not-So-Little One had a raspberry on her palm. I asked how she had gotten it, and she stammered something about the wagon.

I knew she had been taking the wagon to the top of the hill on our street and riding it down, so I asked it she damaged anyone's property when she wiped out. She looked at her lap and squirmed about a bit and said, "I wasn't on the street when I fell." I had to know more. She said, sheepishly, "I was sitting in the wagon in the front yard pretending to ride in it. I held the handle and pretended to steer. I imagined I was going around a corner, and I leaned to the side, and the whole thing tipped over."

"You mean to tell me that you weren't actually moving?" I asked. "No," she admitted. "You mean to tell me that you fell out of a nonmoving wagon in your own front yard?" "Yes." I'm sure they heard me laughing from across the restaurant.

***

I went to Austin Monday for a stakeholders' forum. Spent the night so that I could do a little networking yesterday. The Holiday Inn was perfectly nice. I love me some Austin. Talk about strange sightings. I saw a young man on a bicycle with short pants, green and black striped socks, and hot pink Vans. I saw an establishment called the Groovy Lube, and I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with cars. There was an ice cream shop that I think used to be a tire shop. Was admiring the long shiny blonde hair of a pedestrian and had to stifle a giggle when I saw the facial hair that accompanied it. Heard a guy playing some pretty great guitar in the hotel. I nearly had my eye put out by a flying breath mint.

Love me some Austin. My sister tells me I would fit right in a place like that. I take that as a compliment.

No comments: