Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I've opened my own personal Pandora's Box. This might go on for a while...

"Love never ends." Umm... yes, it does. I happen to know that it does. I'm pretty sure I was not delusional EVERY time I was told that I was loved. I'm pretty sure what I gave and what I received was the real thing at least once or twice. And yet it still ended. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that it was yanked out from under me. I've always been the dumpEE, never the dumpER. And I was still in love long after the dumping.

" 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." I can't even think of a clever retort for this one. All I can think of is "Why?"

1 comment:

Library Lady said...

Of course love ends. The end of love is the cause of many things: divorce, abandonment, abuse, hate, and the antithesis of love, which is apathy -- to name only a few.

Maybe it's more the concept/
ideal of love never ending. As in I Corinthians, chapter 13. Those verses describe the ideals of love.

As for my belief in love, I believe in new/first love, love renewed, and love lost and love regained.

In that sense, love never ends.

And by the way, people shouldn't derive their philosophies from famous (or INfamious) movie lines! I.e., "Love Story".

Just some things to ponder...