Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Been hearing a lot about "bucket lists" lately. As my friends and I get older, mortality starts to become a little more real to us. Don't get me wrong - I plan to be around for a long, long time. But one never knows.

I've thought about it all day, and I've decided that my bucket must be kinda small. I've had a pretty good life, and I've certainly had my share of excitement. And if I stick to things that are within the realm of possibility, the list isn't all that long.

Here they are, in no particular order:
  • I'd like to see Mount Rushmore.
  • I'd like to drink wine beside the Mediterranean.
  • I'd like to meet Matt Lauer. And graciously turn down the marriage proposal that is sure to follow.
  • I'd like to get back down to a size 4.
  • I'd like to go to the San Diego Zoo.
  • I'd like to drive a race car.
  • I'd like to have some of my poetry published.
  • I'd like to go sailing.
  • I'd like to watch the Cubs play at Wrigley Field.
  • I'd like to own a Pinto. Horse, that is. Not a bean.
  • I'd like to earn a PhD.
  • I'd like to sing torch ballads on stage accompanied by an orchestra.

That's all I could think of. Well, I'd also like to have "the girls" returned to their original location. But other than that, I'm good.

No comments: