Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ticked Off

Everyone who knows me knows that I have issues with my hair. It is neither straight nor curly, but something irritatingly in between. (It started behaving that way when I hit puberty, as if all of the other "becoming a woman" crap wasn't traumatic enough.) I can encourage it to dry curly or I can beat it into submission until it is straight, but either takes a lot of effort and time, and there is no guarantee that it will remain that way for any length of time. It seems to have a mind of its own, and it never seems to look the same two days in a row. Humidity is its mortal enemy. I literally have to watch the weather before I get ready in the morning to determine how I will attack my hair.

Aside from time and effort, I have spent an exorbitant amount of money on a wide range of products promising the hair of my dreams. The formula goes something like this - you get what you pay for, so more expensive (especially if endorsed by hair care professionals) means more effective. Dreams, schmeams - more like nightmares.

The other day I was running low on funds and purchased Herbal Essences Totally Twisted line of products. Hey, what's the deal? I sort of like the results here! Better than that... I might even be satisfied! So tonight I brought home Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight products and lo and behold, they performed as advertised. Man, am I mad! I've spent the last 30+ years experimenting and I found results in a $3.00 bottle of shampoo and conditioner. Augh!!

Oh, by the way, I didn't have that "organic" experience they showed the pretty lady in the commercial enjoying in the shower when she used this stuff. Bummer......

No comments: